A wonderful, refreshing veggie treat that’s virtually guilt free! Squares will be very moist. Awesome served with any meat, with a salad, soup, etc…..and I love them to have alone as a snack. If you’re not worried about carbs, you can eliminate the carbquik and use extra bread crumbs. I estimate each square has around 5-6 carbs. A great treat for those hard-to-please vegetable haters.
Victoria’s Low Carb Baked Veggie Cheese Squares
- 2 cups small broccoli florets or chopped broccoli stems and florets
- 2 cups asparagus stalks chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 med onion chopped
- 4-5 tbsp flax seeds optional, but yummy and super healthy!
- 3 eggs beaten into submission
- 5 oz Duke's mayonnaise
- 5 oz sour cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 6 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup Carb Quik
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- In small skillet saute onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Combine all veggies in a large mixing bowl.
- In small bowl, combine eggs, cheese, mayo and sour cream.
- Add to veggies.
- Fold in onions and garlic.
- Add seasonings.
- Finall,y add bread crumbs and Carb Quik, flax seeds (optional).
- Mix all together until well blended (if the mix is too dry, you can always add another egg).
- Press into a 9×11" casserole pan.
- Bake at 350 until browned on top, about 45 – 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool and set up. Cut into squares.