Southern Living calls pimento cheese “the Pâté of The South”. Pimento cheese is such a big part of Southern culture that most Southerners are shocked to learn that folks in other parts of the country have never heard of it.
Southern Style Home-Made Pimento Cheese
Author: Peggy Chaney
Recipe type: Spreads
- ½ lb Kraft's medium cheddar cheese
- ½ lb Kraft's mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Duke's mayonnaise
- 4 oz Dromedary diced pimientos
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp course ground pepper
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- Grate cheese into a large bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and mix well.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic, mix well.
- Add pimientos with juice and mix well.
- If the taste is to your liking, you're done. Just put the pimento cheese in the fridge for a few hours or over night. It's a lot better when the flavors have had some time to marry.
Serving size: 2 tbsp Calories: 311 Fat: 32.0 g Saturated fat: 8.0 g Unsaturated fat: 14.0 g Trans fat: 7.5 g Carbohydrates: 0.3 g Sugar: 0.0 g Sodium: 406.2 mg Fiber: 0.1 g Protein: 7.0 g Cholesterol: 50.0 mg