Here’s a no-fuss recipe for delicious apple butter, which you can partly make overnight while you sleep. It’s hard to beat good, old-fashioned slow-cooker apple butter.
Slow-Cooker Apple Butter
A no-fuss recipe for delicious apple butter,
- Slow cooker
- ½ cup water
- 2-3 cups sugar
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- Fill a 4 to 5 quater slow cooker with pared, cored, sliced apples.
- Add water.
- Cook on low until the apples are tender.
- If you wish, you can put this on at bedtime and let it cook all night.
- Next morning, pour off all liquid.
- Puree cook apples in a blender.
- Return to slow cooker.
- Add sugar, spices and vinegar.
- Cook for 3 hours or until it spreads consistently.
- Makes 2 to 3 pints.