I’m going to be honest with you! I haven’t tried this recipe yet, but I am going to in the next few days! Having cooked all these years, I can automatically tell if some recipe will be good! This one is going to be one of my favorites! Take it from Mama Peggy!
- 1 pkg. (18-1/4 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 can (30 oz.) pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can (5 oz.) evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tsp. ground cinnamon
1) In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, and egg until crumbly. Set aside 2/3 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13 -in.x 9-in. baking dish.
2) For crust, in a large bowl combine the pumpkin pie filling, milk and eggs; pour over crust.
3) For topping, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over pumpkin layer.
4) Bake at 350 degrees for 45 – 50 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving!
If you try this recipe first, let me know if it is as good as I thought it would be!