- 2 & 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cut in pieces
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cups light or dark corn syrup
- 1 & 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tbs. melted butter
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 & 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x 9 pan.
2. With a mixer at medium speed, Mix ingredients until crumbly. Press into bottom of pan. Bake 20 -23 minutes.
Meanwhile, in same bowl, beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla well until blended. Stir in pecans by hand. Pour over hot crust and bake 25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.