A wonderful dessert that’s just the perfect balance between sweet decadence and wholesome, old-fashioned goodness.
Orange Slice Cookie Bar
A wonderful dessert that's just the perfect balance between sweet decadence and wholesome, old-fashioned goodness.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups plain flour (not self-rising)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 lb orange candy slices (cut into fine pieces)
- Mix sliced candies with flour and stir to coat each slice.
- Add nuts, brown sugar and eggs (beaten) along with the vanilla, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- Spread on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into squares and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar (sifted) if you like.
- Makes about 24 squares.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 216 Fat: 4.3 g Saturated fat: 0.6 g Unsaturated fat: 2.6 g Carbohydrates: 49.1 g Sugar: 37.1 g Fiber: 0.7 g Protein: 2.9 g Cholesterol: 30.8 mg