- 1&1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1&1/2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 can Dulce De Leche
- 1 cup toffee bits
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl Mix flour, oatmeal, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press 3/4 of the mixture in the bottom of 13×9 pan, ungreased. Bake 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, In a 1 quart saucepan, heat Dulce De Leche over low heat 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until it is slightly softened.
4. Spread Dulce De Leche over crust. Sprinkle with toffee bits and remaining crumb mixture. Return to oven and bake 20-25 minutes. Cool 15 minutes, then run knife around sides of the pan. Cool another 30 minutes before cutting into bars.
Note: You can find cans of dulce de leche (caramelized sweetened condensed milk) in the Latino section of most grocery stores.