- 3 cups medium shell macaroni, uncooked
- 1 pkg.(6 oz.) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups Finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Cook macaroni as directed on pkg., adding spinach for the last minute. Cook bacon in large saucepan. Remove bacon; save drippings in pan.
2. Add flour to drippings; cook and stir until bubbly. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 3 to 5 min. or until thickened.
3. Stir in 1 cup Cheddar and Parmesan; cook and stir until melted. Add bacon and macaroni mixture; Mix well.
4. Spoon into a 1-1/2 qt. casserole, top with remaining cheddar. Bake 20 minutes.