Here’s a no-fuss recipe for delicious apple butter, which you can partly make overnight while you sleep. It’s hard to beat good, old-fashioned slow-cooker apple butter.
Slow-Cooker Apple Butter
A no-fuss recipe for delicious apple butter,
- Slow cooker
- ½ cup water
- 2-3 cups sugar
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- Fill a 4 to 5 quater slow cooker with pared, cored, sliced apples.
- Add water.
- Cook on low until the apples are tender.
- If you wish, you can put this on at bedtime and let it cook all night.
- Next morning, pour off all liquid.
- Puree cook apples in a blender.
- Return to slow cooker.
- Add sugar, spices and vinegar.
- Cook for 3 hours or until it spreads consistently.
- Makes 2 to 3 pints.
My grandmother made the stewed potatoes all the time during my childhood…we are from the deep south..good ole Georgia ❤
the recipe doesn’t say how many apples or pounds of apples or slices. Help?
4 to 5 quarts, depends on the size of your slow cooker. There are 4 cups in a quarter. So 16 cups in 4 quarts. 20 cups in 5 quarts. I hope this helps!
4 to 5 quarts, depends on the size of your slow cooker. There are 4 cups in a quart. So 16 cups in 4 quarts. 20 cups in 5 quarts. I hope this helps!