Toasted macadamias macaroons add a satisfying crunch to classic coconut drop cookies, drizzled with melted chocolate for that special touch.
Author: Peggy Chaney
Recipe type: Cookies
- 1 pkg.(7oz.) Baker's Angel Flake coconut
- 1 cup Planters Macadamia nuts (chopped)
- 1 can (14oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 30 Premium saltine crackers,finely crushed
- 3 egg whites
- 2 squares Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread coconut and macadamias into 15 by 10 by 1 inch baking pan.
- Bake 10 minutes until lightly toasted, stirring frequently. Cool.
- Combine milk and vanilla in large bowl.
- Add coconut mixture and cracker crumbs. Mix well.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add to coconut mixture.
- Stir gently until well blended.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the coconut mixture, 2 inches apart, on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over cookies.
- Place in wax paper-lined shallow pan. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.