If you like sweet potato pie, you’ll like this sweet potato pound cake! There are few things that’ll warm your heart like a slice of this yummy cake.
Sweet Potato Pound Cake
l like this sweet potato pound cake! There are few things that'll warm your heart like a slice of this yummy cake.
- 1 pkg cream cheese (8 oz, softened)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 lg eggs
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Add sweet potatoes and beat well.
- Stir together flour, next three ingredients and if desired allspice, in a medium bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long thin chopstick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool for 1 hour or until completely cool!