A staple of the holidays. Who doesn’t love pumpkin pie? This wonderful pumpkin pie is perfectly flavored with ginger, cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg. Bake this fabulous pumpkin pie for your Thanksgiving or Christmas feast.
Peggy’s Pumpkin Pie
A staple of the holidays. Who doesn't love pumpkin pie?
- 1 unbaked pie crust 9 inch
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 can pumpkin 16 oz, 2 cups
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- Prepare unbaked pie crust.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- In a large with the same beaters and with mixer at low speed, beat together egg yolks, pumpkin and the rest of the ingredients until well blended.
- With wire whisk or a rubber spatula, gently fold beaten egg whites into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour filling into your crust.
- Bake 45 minutes until filling is set and a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.