This pound cake is a wonderful throwback to a Southern childhood.
Orange Crush Pound Cake
This pound cake is a wonderful throwback to a Southern childhood. What kid in the South didn't grow up drinking Orange Crush? If you loved the soft drink as a kid (or love it now), you have to try this Orange Crush pound cake! ~ Mama Peggy
- 2 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour (if you use all purpose flour, you must sift it four times)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup Orange Crush soda
- 1 tsp orange flavoring
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 1 pkg Cream Cheese, softened (3 oz)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla flavoring
- ½ tsp orange flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat sugar and shortening until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the Orange Crush.
- Add flavorings.
- Pour into greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and ten minutes.
- Let cake cool about 15 minutes.
- Spread frosting on cake while it's still warm!
- Mix well until spreadable.