A somewhat different potato salad recipe from the traditional Southern recipe. It’s just as amazing as the more traditional recipes, though!
New Potato Salad
A different kind of potato salad recipe from the traditional Southern recipe, for when you're looking for something different. It's just as amazing!
- 3 cups low fat yogurt
- 3 lbs small potatoes (scrubbed with skin on, cut in half if large)
- 3 tsp salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 scallions (trimmed, finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup snipped chives
- 3 tsp bottled horseradish
- 3 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Line colander with cheese cloth or 2 layers of paper towels.
- Add yogurt and drain for 2 hours. You should have 2 cups solid yogurt. Discard liquid.
- Cook potatoes with 2 tsp. salt added.
- Boil 12 minutes.
- Drain and let cool.
- Whisk drained yogurt, sour cream, scallions and chives, lemon juice, horseradish, sugar, pepper and remaining 1 tsp. salt in large bowl.
- Quarter potatoes, add to dressing.
- Stir gently until all pieces are coated.