If you’ve never had fresh corn cakes, you’re in for a treat. For dinner, they’re nice with some fresh fruit salad and ham. They’re also great with breakfast sausage or bacon and orange juice.
Fresh Corn Cakes
If you've never had fresh corn cakes, you're in for a treat. For dinner, they're nice with some fresh fruit salad and ham. They're also great with breakfast sausage or bacon and orange juice.
- 2 ½ cups fresh corn (about 5 ears)
- 3 lg eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 tbsp butter (melted)
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ¾ cup corn meal
- 1 pkg mozzarella cheese (8 oz, grated)
- 2 tbsp chives (chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Pulse first 4 ingredients in food processor 3 to 4 times or just until corn is coarsely chopped.
- Stir together flour and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in corn just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon 1/2 cup batter for each cake onto a hot and lightly greased griddle or a large non stick pan, to form 2 inch cakes.
- Do not spread or flatten cakes.
- Cook cakes 3 to 4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Turn and cook other side.