A yummy twist on a classic dish. The extra cheese brings a hearty richness to this dish. I like to use Chicken Tenders instead of breasts! Your choice!
Chicken Cheese & Rice Casserole
I like to use Chicken Tenders instead of breasts! Your choice!
Author: Peggy Chaney
Recipe type: Casserole
- 1 can of Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 and ¼ cups uncooked regular, long-grain white rice
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables ( or carrots and sugar peas)
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Stir soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables in 3 qt. shallow baking dish.
- Top with Chicken.
- Season Chicken with additional black pepper.
- Cover baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour or when chicken is cooked through and rice is tender!
- Sprinkle chicken with cheese. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir rice before serving!