If you love Southern cooking, you’ll love this black eyed pea casserole. And what’s not to love? Black eyed peas have always been a staple of any Southern table, and in a casserole they’re just delicious!
Black Eyed Pea Casserole
Black eyed peas have always been a staple of any Southern table, and in a casserole they're just delicious!
Author: Peggy Chaney
Recipe type: Casserole
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 (3-ounce) jar pimiento, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 (16-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- Buttered bread crumbs
- Melt butter in saucepan or skillet; cook onion in butter.
- Add pimiento, soup, and cheese.
- Add to peas and pour into greased 2-quart casserole.
- Top with bread crumbs and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.