Sweet Potato Pound Cake
(Optional Icing) 8 oz. cream cheese, softened at room temp. Beat in ½ cup sugar, then beat in 1 cup powdered sugar. Fold in 8 oz. Cool whip.
Author: Peggy Chaney
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2½ cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Add sweet potatoes and beat well.
- Stir together flour, next three ingredients and if desired allspice, in a medium bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long thin chopstick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool for 1 hour or until completely cool!